NEWSSTRATEGY DEVELOPMENT CONSULTANT REQUIRED 2018-08-16
Strategy Development Consultant required
The SEED Project (SEED) is a small charity (c.£50k p.a., 2.2 staff) which helps communities in Zimbabwe to work themselves out of poverty. The mission of SEED is to facilitate holistic community development in socially and economically disadvantaged communities of Southern Africa, empowering them to be better able to reach their full potential, to identify challenges and help meet their needs, and to participate more fully in society.
SEED began in Zimbabwe in 2006, working with communities where unemployment, ill health and hunger were high, and opportunities, hope and education were low. The focus of SEED has always been on empowerment and the long-term sustainability of communities. SEED aims to partner with local communities, churches, schools and other groups to identify needs and dreams within communities and then to facilitate the meeting of those needs and the realisation of those dreams.
The SEED Project aims to be true to each local context, and work with existing people, skills and resources in order to increase ownership of results and sustainability of future work. The SEED Project partners and exchanges ideas
with other local, national and international organisations as it works towards the realisation of common goals.
Over the past 12 years, SEED’s work to support communities has been in health, education, life skills and employment, environment and agriculture. SEED is aiming to use what we have learnt in the past 12 years to improve and refocus our efforts with communities that we work with and new communities that need our help. A 10 year programmes strategy is being developed by the UK trustees to explain how The SEED Project works, why we work in that way and what we are hoping to achieve over that period.
Deliverables of the consultancy
- Facilitation of process for the UK trustees.
- A brief collective review of current SEED work linked to the vision and mission and recommendations to better achieve them.
- Discussing the return to our roots document and theory of change (both in draft).
- Reflection of what other NGOs are doing on community resilience.
- Recommendations for skills and structure required to achieve the programmes
- Revised and finalised SEED 10 year strategy for approval by the UK trustees.
Strategy to include programmes approach, targets, recommended staffing structure and other resources required to achieve the targets.
- Review of SEED key documents, including draft 10-year strategy (provided by trustees) and website.
- Individual conversations (phone or skype) with UK and Zimbabwe trustees and staff.
- Facilitation of a UK trustees meeting on 23rd September.
- Review and update of the strategy as detailed above.
- Feedback meeting with trustees and update of the final documents.
- Experience in guiding small NGOs in strategic planning.
- Strong facilitation, analytical, and writing skills.
- Experience in international development and community resilience.
- Understanding of the Zimbabwe or Southern Africa context (preferable).
Overall the consultancy would take no more than 7 days (but this will be finalised with chosen consultant).
This is a UK based consultancy without international travel. Home working with one visit to a UK trustee meeting in SE England (location to be agreed) on 23rd September.
Applications should include a CV, short covering letter and an example of recent work to [email protected]
Deadline for applications: Monday 27th August with interviews on 4/5/6th September.
A TREE IS FOR LIFE - NOT JUST FOR CHRISTMAS!
When you buy your Christmas tree this year, please also send some festive cheer to...(more)
CAN YOU EDIT HTML?
We are looking for a volunteer website editor with basic HTML skills. Can you help?...(more)
STRATEGY DEVELOPMENT CONSULTANT REQUIRED
Strategy Development Consultant required Introduction The SEED Project (SEED) is a small charity (c.£50k p.a., 2.2 staff)...(more)
Copyright © 2006-2018 The SEED Project
Registered UK Charity # 1115357