The following is a broad list, covering the full range of SEED's activities. A more specific list of measurable objectives (see our model) will be formed for each community, guided by and serving this all-encompassing selection.
The SEED Project will:
- be open and responsive to community needs, always seeking to enhance development by educating, demonstrating, facilitating, evaluating and monitoring.
- engage community members in understanding community issues and responsibilities, including economic, social and environmental, in order that they can determine and take the appropriate courses of action.
- work with each community for a time period, defined on entry, realistic for establishing the work, after which the partner(s) will take full responsibility for the continuation of the project. (The SEED Project will still be available for advice if necessary).
- put local churches and/or community groups in the 'driver's seat' of our local work from the beginning, so that when we leave an area, the work will continue to grow with indigenous roots.
- provide/facilitate Community Development Worker training so that communities can have locally-based Community Development Workers in their midst - people who understand their background and their situation.
- help people to raise start-up funding for self-help projects and training.
- network with representatives from a variety of fields (e.g. education, health care, social services, housewives, government, religious groups, utilities, economic development practitioners, citizen groups...) in order to share knowledge, skills and experience.
- advocate on behalf of the voiceless (the poor, the marginalised, the excluded, the minorities...), for good governance, especially where it affects community development.
- partner with local, regional and international churches and other organisations/groups.
- establish and run a central office (currently in Harare, Zimbabwe).
- after initiating and facilitating successful projects in communities in/near Harare to such a stage as they can be continued without its local presence (though perhaps still with some support), expand the work to other areas in Zimbabwe, and throughout Southern Africa, establishing regional offices where appropriate.
A TREE IS FOR LIFE - NOT JUST FOR CHRISTMAS!
When you buy your Christmas tree this year, please also send some festive cheer to...(more)
CAN YOU EDIT HTML?
We are looking for a volunteer website editor with basic HTML skills. Can you help?...(more)
GDPR PRIVACY NOTICE
GDPR Privacy Notice The General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) places new obligations on organisations that...(more)
The more we bring together all our resources - financial, practical, time, skills, ideas - the greater the difference we can make. We are keen to work with you to find the best way for you to participate in our goal of empowering Zimbabwean communities. ...(more)
One-off donations are always gratefully received! Whether it's £10 or £1,000 you can rest assured we will strive to ensure that your gift makes the best possible difference to communities in Zimbabwe. ...(more)
Copyright © 2006-2018 The SEED Project
Registered UK Charity # 1115357