The following is a broad list, covering the full range of SEED's activities. A more specific list of measurable objectives (see our model) will be formed for each community, guided by and serving this all-encompassing selection.
The SEED Project will:
- be open and responsive to community needs, always seeking to enhance development by educating, demonstrating, facilitating, evaluating and monitoring.
- engage community members in understanding community issues and responsibilities, including economic, social and environmental, in order that they can determine and take the appropriate courses of action.
- work with each community for a time period, defined on entry, realistic for establishing the work, after which the partner(s) will take full responsibility for the continuation of the project. (The SEED Project will still be available for advice if necessary).
- put local churches and/or community groups in the 'driver's seat' of our local work from the beginning, so that when we leave an area, the work will continue to grow with indigenous roots.
- provide/facilitate Community Development Worker training so that communities can have locally-based Community Development Workers in their midst - people who understand their background and their situation.
- help people to raise start-up funding for self-help projects and training.
- network with representatives from a variety of fields (e.g. education, health care, social services, housewives, government, religious groups, utilities, economic development practitioners, citizen groups...) in order to share knowledge, skills and experience.
- advocate on behalf of the voiceless (the poor, the marginalised, the excluded, the minorities...), for good governance, especially where it affects community development.
- partner with local, regional and international churches and other organisations/groups.
- establish and run a central office (currently in Harare, Zimbabwe).
- after initiating and facilitating successful projects in communities in/near Harare to such a stage as they can be continued without its local presence (though perhaps still with some support), expand the work to other areas in Zimbabwe, and throughout Southern Africa, establishing regional offices where appropriate.
We need new Trustees to help drive forward our exciting new strategy, which will take...(more)
YOUR VOTE COULD WIN £1000 FOR ZIMBABWE
Ecclesiastical’s ‘Movement for Good’ is giving away £1,000 grants to charities between now and 17...(more)
VOLUNTEER - SECRETARY TO THE TRUSTEES
Volunteer - Secretary to the Trustees We are seeking a Secretary to support and service the...(more)
We have one current fundraising initiative that is easy for you to take part in: semi-sporty challenge Skip for Skills (great for schools and youth groups!). ...(more)
To make a regular donation by standing order, or a one-off gift by cheque, please download SEED's donation form. This will give you the opportunity to register for Gift Aid, sign up for news updates, and let us know who you are so we can thank you. ...(more)
Copyright © 2006-2018 The SEED Project
Registered UK Charity # 1115357