The SEED Project aims...
... to guide and assist people onto and along the road to development and transformation, and empower them on their journey. Transformation, that is:
- from a consumer orientation to production (i.e. from consuming more than you produce, to producing at least as much as you consume)
- from selfishness to self-fulfillment,
- from inward to outward focus,
- from affected or infected to affecting and effective,
- from independence or dependence to inter-dependence and self-sufficiency,
- from surviving to living fully as God intended.
... for all individuals and communities to reach their full potential.
... for communities where, as well as the basic requirements for survival (e.g. food, shelter, health) for all, opportunities exist for
- every child to have someone to care for them and access to relevant and appropriate education;
- every young adult to have adequate skills training;
- every adult to contribute to meeting the needs of themselves and their families;
- every elderly person to be provided and cared for.
...for communities to have access to information and resources that will enable their empowerment.
...for all community members to be enabled to meaningfully influence the decisions that affect community life.
...for communities to become self-sufficient and for all the work that The SEED Project initiates to be sustained by the local community.
...for churches to set an example of a family-like community, where all members share skills, experiences, resources and contacts for their mutual benefit.
...to assist the Church to more effectively play its part in developing communities and in providing a moral foundation, spiritual guidance and support.
...to play its part in contributing towards building the long term sustainability and well-being of the world's inhabitants. It will do this by facilitating the development of communities through individuals, which in turn contribute to the well-being of their nation. This will then, hopefully, have a positive influence on the world.
We need new Trustees to help drive forward our exciting new strategy, which will take...(more)
YOUR VOTE COULD WIN £1000 FOR ZIMBABWE
Ecclesiastical’s ‘Movement for Good’ is giving away £1,000 grants to charities between now and 17...(more)
VOLUNTEER - SECRETARY TO THE TRUSTEES
Volunteer - Secretary to the Trustees We are seeking a Secretary to support and service the...(more)
The more we bring together all our resources - financial, practical, time, skills, ideas - the greater the difference we can make. We are keen to work with you to find the best way for you to participate in our goal of empowering Zimbabwean communities. ...(more)
Regular donations are fantastic! They really help us to plan, and they save on administration costs. SEED was founded on regular donations, and they remain vital to our ongoing community development work in Zimbabwe. ...(more)
Copyright © 2006-2018 The SEED Project
Registered UK Charity # 1115357